BANDSAW OPERATIONS - OD1646 - LESSON 2/TASK 2
(1) The feed force could be too high.
Reduce the feed force, as needed.
(2) The file band may not be assembled correctly.
(3) The band tension may be too high.
Set the band tension at the
setting used for a 1/8 inch wide carbon band.
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: FILE BAND TEETH BECOME LOADED.
the band teeth become loaded, clean the teeth immediately and then check for
(1) The feed force may be too high.
Adjust the feed, as needed.
(2) It may be that no coolant is being used.
Use coolant to improve the
(3) The wrong shape of file may be in use, or the file may have the
wrong number of teeth for the material of the workpiece.
Troubleshooting When There is NO COOLANT FLOW. If there is no coolant
flow, check for the presence of one of these conditions and remedy the
situation, as required:
(1) Check to see if the coolant applicator nozzle is jammed.
(2) Check to see if the coolant hose is clogged or kinked.
(3) Check to see if the coolant reservoir is empty.
Troubleshooting Fault Symptoms in the Model 2612-1M Bandsaw Machine
The malfunction symptoms, together with their possible causes, for the model
2612-1M bandsaw machine are similar to those described for the model 1612-0
As stated earlier, the remedies for these possible malfunctions
will not be discussed in detail here.
Operational solutions to problems,
such as adjusting the speed controls, can be found in TM 9-3419-228-10,
pages 4 through 20. Lubrication instructions and maintenance solutions for
malfunctions, such as adjusting the