BANDSAW OPERATIONS - OD1646 - LESSON 2/TASK 2
(9) If a chipped tooth is lodged in the cut, the saw blade will dull
(10) Chip welding can also cause premature dulling of the blade.
(11) If the inserts are too large for the blade width, the inserts may
hit the set teeth, causing the blade to dull prematurely.
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: BAND SLIPS OFF
conditions could cause the band to slip off the wheels:
(1) The upper wheel may not be aligned correctly, so that the band does
not track on the center of the wheel tire. Adjust the track of the band, if
needed, so that it tracks on the center of the wheel tire.
(2) The initial machine alignment may be wrong. When this is the case,
refer to TM 9-3419-228-10, page 2, for the procedure needed to solve the
Troubleshooting Fault Symptoms in the Model 2614-1 Bandsaw Machine
Fault symptoms and their possible causes for problems in the model 2614-1
bandsaw machine are described below.
As stated earlier, the specific
repairs needed to eliminate these malfunctions will not be discussed in
detail here. Operational solutions to problems, such as adjusting the saw
guides, can be found in TM 9-3405-210-14&P, pages 5 through 15. Lubrication
and maintenance solutions for malfunctions can be found in TM 9-3405-210-
14&P, on pages 15 through 18. This TM should always be used as a reference
when actual repair or troubleshooting procedures are performed.
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: MACHINE WILL NOT START.
model 2614-1 bandsaw machine will not start, make these three checks to
isolate the cause of the problem:
(1) First, check the main fuses and the control circuit fuse. Any fuse
that is defective should be replaced. If a fuse is replaced, try to start
the machine to see if the problem has been solved.