BANDSAW OPERATIONS - OD1646 - LESSON 2/TASK 2
(5) The feed pressure may be too light.
Increase the feed pressure as
required to solve the problem.
(6) The coolant may not be covering the saw band.
Make adjustments, as
(7) The cutting rate may be too high.
(8) The material being
inclusions, hard spots, etc.
(9) The material analysis may be incorrect.
(10) Saw band vibration can cause premature dulling of the blade.
(11) If a chipped tooth is lodged in the cut, the saw blade will dull
(12) Chip welding can also cause premature dulling of the blade.
(13) If the inserts are too large for the blade width, the inserts may
hit the set teeth, causing the blade to dull prematurely.
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: MOTOR RUNS BUT THE BAND DOES NOT
Several conditions could cause the band to remain stationary even
when the motor is running.
(1) The drive belts could be broken, or they may be off the pulleys.
Replace or adjust the belts, as needed.
(2) Over-oiling of the variable pulley may have coated the pulley (and
subsequently the belts) with oil, causing the belts to slip.
(3) The drive belt tension may be too low.
Adjust the tension on the
drive belt, as needed.
(4) Using the wrong size of drive belt can also cause this problem.
(5) If the band tension is incorrect, the motor could run while the band
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: BAND SLIPS OFF THE WHEELS.
conditions could cause the band to slip off the wheels: