BANDSAW OPERATIONS - OD1646 - LESSON 2/TASK 2
(2) If the band wheels are balanced, and vibration is still present,
check to see if the variable pulley components are balanced. If they are
not balanced, vibrations could result.
Balance the components of the
variable pulley, if needed.
Then test operate to see if the trouble has
(3) If severe machine vibration is still present, check to see whether
required, then test operate to ensure that the malfunction no longer exists.
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: SEVERE SAW BAND VIBRATION DURING
When severe saw band vibration occurs during sawing operations,
make these checks:
(1) Check the band speed.
Saw band vibration can be caused by the
selection of the incorrect band speed.
(2) If the band speed is correct, the pitch of the saw blade may be
Check the pitch of the saw blade, and select a blade of the
(3) If a blade with the proper pitch is in use, but severe saw band
vibration is still present, the choice of coolant may be incorrect. Select
the proper coolant to solve this problem.
(4) If the coolant being used is correct, it is possible that the feed
pressure is incorrect. Vary the feed pressure to see if this is causing the
(5) Severe saw band vibration can occur if the work piece is not firmly
clamped to the table. If this is the case, adjust the clamps to solve the
(6) Worn or improperly adjusted saw guide inserts can cause saw band
vibration. Adjust or replace the saw guide inserts, as required.
(7) A worn saw guide backup bearing could be causing the problem.
the saw guide backup bearing and replace it, if needed.