BANDSAW OPERATIONS - OD1646 - LESSON 2/TASK 2
(5) The saw band or the insert may be improperly aligned.
required alignments, and test operate to see if the problem has been fixed.
(6) It is possible that inaccurate cuts are the result of the post not
being square to the table. Correct this problem by squaring the post to the
(7) Using the incorrect feed force can cause inaccurate cuts.
the feed force, as needed to correct the problem.
(8) Inaccurate band speeds can also cause inaccurate cuts.
speed, as needed to solve the problem.
(9) If coolant is not applied evenly to both sides of the saw band,
inaccurate cuts may result.
Check for this condition and correct it, if
(10) If the saw guide on the upper post is not located close enough to
the workpiece, inaccurate cuts may result. Adjust the position of the saw
guide, if needed.
the incorrect saw band could cause the
Select the correct saw band, as required.
(12) Inaccurate cuts can also result from incorrect saw band tension.
More tension should be used for a Dart blade than for a carbon blade. Check
the band tension, and adjust it, as needed.
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: SURFACE FINISH ON THE WORK IS TOO
ROUGH. When the surface finish on the workpiece is too rough, then any of
the following conditions could be the cause.
Check these conditions and
make corrections or adjustments, as needed:
(1) The saw guide inserts may be worn.
Readjust them, as needed.
(2) The saw band speed may be too low.
(3) The saw band pitch may be too coarse.
(4) The feed may be too heavy.