BANDSAW OPERATIONS - OD1646 - LESSON 2/TASK 2
(7) If the saw guide on the upper post is not located close enough to
the workpiece, inaccurate cuts may result. Adjust the position of the saw
guide, if needed.
(8) Inaccurate cuts can also result from incorrect saw band tension.
Check the band tension and adjust it, as needed.
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: EXCESSIVE INSERT AND BLADE
When there is excessive insert and blade wear, make these checks:
(1) Check to see if the inserts are adjusted too tightly on the blade.
Make any needed adjustments.
(2) The chip brush may be worn, or may not be adjusted properly,
allowing the chips to stay on the wheel. Check for this condition, and make
the necessary repairs.
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: FILE BAND BREAKS.
When the file band
breaks, two conditions could be the cause:
(1) The feed force may be too high.
Adjust the feed force to solve the
(2) The wrong type of file band may be in use. Make sure that the file
band meets all the requirements for filing the material in the workpiece.
Troubleshooting When There is a POOR FINISH FROM BAND FILING. A poor
finish from band filing could be the result of any of the following
(1) The feed force could be too high.
Reduce the feed force, as needed.
(2) The file band may not be assembled correctly.
(3) The band tension may be too high.
Set the band tension at the
setting used for a 1/8 inch wide carbon band.
Troubleshooting When the SURFACE FINISH ON THE WORK IS TOO ROUGH.
When the surface finish on the workpiece is too rough, any of following
could be the cause. Check for the presence of one of these