BANDSAW OPERATIONS - OD1646 - LESSON 2/TASK 2
(5) Vibration could cause this condition. See paragraphs 3b, beginning
on page 67, and 3c, beginning on page 68, to solve vibration problems.
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: SAW BAND TEETH STRIPPING.
teeth stripping is usually caused by chip welding. It may also be caused by
(1) The saw band pitch may be too coarse for a thin work section.
(2) The workpiece may not be held firmly enough to stop vibration.
(3) The feed pressure may be too high.
(4) The band speed may be too low.
Premature saw band breakage is usually caused by teeth stripping.
also be caused by the following conditions:
(1) The saw band speed may be too low.
Adjust the speed as needed to
correct the problem.
(2) The feeding force may be too high.
Adjust the feed, as required.
(3) The pitch of the saw band may be too coarse.
Use a finer pitch
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: PREMATURE DULLING OF SAW BAND TEETH.
Premature dulling of the saw band teeth may be caused by any of these
(1) The saw band must be broken in on the first few cuts by using a
reduced feed pressure and speed. If the saw band is not broken in, dulling
of the saw band teeth can occur.
(2) The band speed may be too high, causing abrasion.
Reduce the speed,
(3) The saw band pitch may be too coarse.
Choose a band with a finer
(4) Premature dulling of the saw band teeth can occur if the wrong type
of coolant is used, or if no coolant is used.