BANDSAW OPERATIONS - OD1646 - LESSON 2/TASK 2
(8) When the heavy work slide or the heavy work clamp is used, special
support must be used under the workpiece. If special support is not used,
saw band vibration could result.
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: TRANSMISSION WILL NOT STAY IN GEAR.
If the transmission will not stay in gear, the most probable cause is worn
The machine should be returned to the factory for transmission
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: TRANSMISSION WILL NOT SHIFT INTO
GEAR. Three conditions could cause the transmission to fail to shift into
(1) It is possible that the transmission will not shift into gear
because there is a loose setscrew or broken rollpins in the shift linkage.
Check the shift linkage for a loosened setscrew and for broken rollpins and
repair, as needed.
(2) If the components of the shift linkage are not causing the problem,
the shift mechanism in the transmission may be jammed. If this is the case,
the machine should be returned to the factory for service.
(3) The sliding clutch jaws in the transmission may be jammed or
damaged, causing the transmission to fail to shift into gear. When this is
the case, the machine should be returned to the factory for service.
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: SAW BAND IS CUTTING INACCURATELY.
When the saw band is cutting inaccurately, a number of checks should be made
to find the cause of the trouble.
(1) First, check for worn blade teeth. Replace the blade if the teeth
are worn. Then test operate to see if the problem has been solved.
(2) If the scale on the workpiece has not been removed, inaccurate cuts
will result. Remove the scale from the workpiece, if needed.
(3) The workpiece may have become hardened by the grinding performed to
remove the scale.
(4) The blade may be too wide for the radius being cut.
Check the blade
width, and select the proper blade, if necessary.