MAINTENANCE OF THE HEMTT - OD1662 - LESSON 1/TASK 1
(5) The M985 cargo vehicle is used to resupply the multiple launch rocket
In the subparagraphs that follow, we will discuss the
capabilities of the M977 FOV.
(1) All models are capable of operating in temperatures from -25 F to
120 F and to -50 F with the arctic kit installed.
(2) All models can ford water up to 48 inches deep for 5 minutes without
damage and without requiring maintenance before operation can continue.
(3) Normal operating range of all models is 300 miles, based upon 154
gallons of fuel and 100,000 lb GCWR traveling over mixed terrain. Varying
loads, prolonged idle use, use of the power takeoff (PTO), offroad driving,
and climatic conditions affect the operation range.
(4) All models are provided with sufficient tiedown points, located so
vehicles can be restrained in all directions during air transport in C-130,
C-141, and C-5A type aircraft. All models are capable of being transported
by highway, rail, and sea.
features of the M977 FOV.
(1) Eight-cylinder, V-type, 2-cycle, turbocharged diesel engine.
(2) Automatic transmission with one reverse speed and four forward speeds.
(3) Operator controlled 4-wheel, 8-wheel drive and a high and low range
transfer case for positive traction in areas of unimproved road surface.
(4) Power steering system consists of a basic manual steering system with
hydraulic boost. Mechanical linkage also provides operator control in the
event of hydraulic oil pressure loss.
(5) Fuel system includes one fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel-water separator,