High voltage is used in the operation of the battery
Death on contact may result if personnel
fail to observe safety precautions.
and the POWER ON/OFF switch may have high voltage on
Dangerous fumes or gases may be generated during
battery charging and venting operations.
charge, discharge, or vent batteries near an open
flame. Charge, discharge, or vent batteries only in a
well ventilated area.
Electrolyte is potassium hydroxide, a caustic base
which can cause severe burns. Avoid contact with the
skin and eyes. Protective gloves and goggles must be
Do not vent batteries while connected to the discharge
Bubbles raised under the encasement material during
charging which are smaller than a 1/2-dollar coin are
of no serious concern. Place batteries on shelf for a
If the bubbles remain, wear gloves and a
face shield while placing a rag over the bubble to
protect your eyes and face from caustic material.
Puncture edge of bubble with a small sharp non-
sparking tool and return to stock.
Overheating may result at high
temperatures, which may cause the batteries to
explode. This can result in electrolyte burns.