BANDSAW OPERATIONS - OD1646 - LESSON 2/TASK 2
(3) The drive belt tension may be too low.
Adjust the tension on the
drive belt, as needed.
(4) Using the wrong size of drive belt can also cause this problem.
(5) If the band tension is incorrect, the motor could run while the band
(6) It is also possible that the transmission could be bad.
recommended that a faulty transmission be returned to the factory for
Troubleshooting the Malfunction: BAND SLIPS OFF THE WHEELS.
conditions could cause the band to slip off the wheels:
(1) The upper wheel may not be aligned correctly, so that the band will
not track on the center of the wheel tire.
Adjust the wheel tilt, if
needed, so that the band tracks in the center of the wheel tire.
(2) Too much coolant or the wrong type of coolant can cause the band to
slip off the wheel tires.
(3) The initial machine alignment may be wrong. When this is the case,
refer to TM 9-3405-210-14&P, page 1 for the procedure needed to solve the
The procedures for troubleshooting malfunctions in the three models of
bandsaw machines described in this subcourse are similar.
This task has
introduced you to these procedures. Remember that the appropriate TM should
always be used as a reference when actually performing the troubleshooting
procedures on the bandsaw machine.