BANDSAW OPERATIONS - OD1646 - LESSON 2/PE 2
choice of coolant may be incorrect.
Select the proper coolant to solve this
(4) If the coolant being used is correct, it is possible that the feed
pressure is incorrect. Vary the feed pressure to see if this is causing the
(5) Severe saw band vibration can occur if the work piece is not firmly
clamped to the table. If this is the case, adjust the clamps to solve the
(6) Worn or improperly adjusted saw guide inserts can cause saw band
vibration. Adjust or replace the saw guide inserts, as required.
(7) A worn saw guide backup bearing could be causing the problem.
the saw guide backup bearing and replace it, when needed.
(8) When the heavy work slide or the heavy-work clamp is used, special
support must be used under the workpiece. If special support is not used,
saw band vibration could result.
Three conditions could cause the band to slip off the wheels on the
model 2614-1 bandsaw machine:
(1) The upper wheel may not be aligned correctly, so that the band will
not track on the center of the wheel tire.
Adjust the wheel tilt, if
needed, so that the band tracks in the center of the wheel tire.
(2) Too much coolant or the wrong type of coolant can cause the band to
slip off the wheel tires.
(3) The initial machine alignment may be wrong. When this is the case,
refer to TM 9-3405-210-14&P, page 1 for the procedure needed to solve the