BANDSAW OPERATIONS - OD1646 - LESSON 2/TASK 1
REPLACING A WHEEL TIRE - MODEL 2612-1M.
(1) Remove the two retainers from the front of the band wheel.
(2) Remove the tire retaining rings.
(3) Drive the tire off the wheel.
If necessary, saw off the steel
(4) Mount new tires so that the two notches in the steel backing are in
alignment with the two tire retainers.
(5) Put the new tire on with light taps of a soft-faced hammer, rotating
the wheel about 30 degrees as each tap is made, until the tire is against
the flange of the wheel.
(6) Replace the retainers and the tire retaining rings.
Variable Speed Pulley.
Every six months, the variable speed pulley
unit (figure 39 on the following page) should be removed so that it can be
washed and cleaned with a solvent. After it has been cleaned, it should be
reoiled and installed. Check the pulley to see if the center sheave is free
to shift sideways. The variable shaft bearings are lubricated from an oil
cup in the shaft end. The center sheave, which floats