M2/M3 BFV: FIRE CONTROL SYSTEM - OD1608 - LESSON 1/TASK 1
(11) Sight through the eyepiece and check to see that AP appears
on the status indicator (figure 8).
If AP does not appear on the
status indicator, troubleshooting procedures must be performed before
boresighting can continue.
The troubleshooting procedures will not
be discussed here, but can be found, when needed, in TM 9-2350-252-
20-2-1, chapter 3.
If AP does appear on the status indicator,
boresighting can continue. Assume that this is the case.
THE AP STATUS INDICATOR.
(12) Move the TURRET TRAVERSE DRIVE SELECT lever to the MANUAL
position by pressing and holding the pushbutton, moving the drive
select lever to MANUAL, and releasing the pushbutton.
(13) Move the GUN ELEVATION DRIVE SELECT lever to the MANUAL
position by pressing and holding the pushbutton, moving the lever to
the MANUAL position, and then releasing the pushbutton.
(14) Next, press and hold the pushbutton and move the TOW
ELEVATION DRIVE SELECT lever to the POWER position. Then release the
(15) Manually elevate or depress the 25mm gun and traverse the
turret (TM 9-2350-252-10-2, page 2-439) as needed to center the gun
reticle on the aiming point of the target.