M2/M3 BFV ENGINE STARTING/CHARGING SYS - OD1603 - LESSON 1/TASK 1
The starter does not turn at the normal speed, this indicates that a
malfunction exists in the vehicle electrical distribution box.
To correct this
malfunction, the following functions are performed:
(1) Stop the engine.
(2) Move the STARTER CUTOUT OVERRIDE switch (2a) (figure 6 on the previous page)
to the OFF position.
(3) Move the ENGINE ACCESSORY switch (3)(figure 1 on page 8) to the OFF position.
(4) Move the MASTER POWER switch (1) to the OFF position.
(5) Remove the STE-M1/FVS (VTM
electrical distribution box (5).
(6) Replace the vehicle electrical distribution box.
This replacement procedure
is described in the following subparagraph.
Replacing the Vehicle Electrical Distribution Box.
The following is the
correct procedure that unit maintenance personnel would follow for replacing the
vehicle electrical distribution box.
The squad seat number 4 and the driver's seat should be stowed.
procedure is not described here since it is not required for this lesson.
procedure may be found in TM 9-2350-252-20-10-1.
To prevent personal injury by accidentally shorting out the
electrical circuit, be sure to disconnect the ground cable
from the vehicle battery before attempting any electrical
Using electrical connector pliers, remove seven plugs (1)(figure 6 on
the previous page) from seven jacks (2), on the right side of the distribution box