M2/M3 BFV ENGINE STARTING/CHARGING SYS - OD1603 - LESSON 1/TASK 1
Remove the volt
instrument panel (10) by:
(1) Removing two nuts (11)(second nut not shown in figure 4) from two posts (12).
(2) Push the volt gage (9) from the two brackets (13) and out through the front
of the instrument panel (10).
Install a new volt gage in the instrument panel (10) in the reverse
order of removal.
RUNNING. This is an indication that the generator is overcharging. The following
is a typical procedure that unit maintenance personnel would follow in
troubleshooting this malfunction.
Move the MASTER POWER switch to the ON position.
indicator should be pointing either to the yellow or green zone.
Since the volt gage indicator is in the yellow zone, move the ENGINE
ACCESSORY switch to the ON position.
Also move the GEAR SELECTOR to the START
position for 5 seconds and release. The starter should have cranked the engine.
Because the starter did crank the engine normally for five seconds and
this is a regular engine start procedure being conducted, the following procedures
must be performed:
(1) The trim vane has been lowered and secured, and the power unit is opened and
secured as described in TM 9-2350-252-10-1. These functions are not required for
this lesson; therefore, they are not described here.
(2) Check the generator output adjustment plug (1)(figure 5 on the following
page) to ensure that it is installed to the proper setting. It is noticed that the
generator output adjustment plug (1) is set for 29 volts instead of 27 volts.
(3) Move the ENGINE ACCESSORY switch to the OFF position and adjust the generator
output adjustment plug.
The procedure for adjusting the generator output
adjustment plug is described in the following steps: