M2/M3 BFV ENGINE STARTING/CHARGING SYS - OD1603 - LESSON 1/TASK 1
Using the electrical connector pliers, remove seven plugs (4)(figure 6
on page 18) from seven jacks (5) from the left side of the distribution box (3).
On the CFV only, the radiac bracket should be removed.
procedure is not required for this lesson; therefore, it is not covered here. On
the IFV, remove five plugs (6)(figure 7 on the following page) from five jacks (7)
from the intercom control box (8).
Slide the driver's seat out of the way to
permit removing the electrical distribution box.
(1) Remove four nuts (9), lockwashers (10), and washers (11) from mounts (12).
(2) Remove nut (13) lockwasher (14), washer (15), and the electrical lead (16)
from the terminal (17). Discard the lockwasher.
(3) Remove distribution box from vehicle hull.
Procure and install a new electrical distribution box in the reverse
order of removal.
typical procedures that unit maintenance personnel would follow in troubleshooting
and fault isolating this vehicle starting/charging system malfunction:
Move the MASTER POWER switch (1)(figure 1 on page 8) to the ON
position. At this time, the volt gage indicator should provide a reading. But the
volt gage indicator does not indicate any reading.
Because the volt gage indicator did not provide any reading at step 1,
perform the following functions:
(1) Move the MASTER POWER switch to the OFF position.
(2) Connect the STE-M1/FVS (VTM only)(DCA 3) to jack 1A1J14 and perform Test
Number 67 (BATTERY