M2/M3 BFV ENGINE STARTING/CHARGING SYS - OD1603 - LESSON 1/TASK 1
To perform Test Number 67, perform the following procedures:
(1) Close and secure the power unit access door and raise and secure the trim
vane (figure 5 on page 16).
(2) Move the ENGINE ACCESSORY switch (3)(figure 1 on page 8) and the MASTER POWER
switch (1) to the OFF position.
(3) Disconnect the STE-M1/FVS (VTM only) from jack 1A1J14 (7)(figure 1).
(4) Move the MASTER POWER switch to the ON position.
And, using a multimeter,
measure the voltage between the vehicle volt gage positive (+) terminal (1)(figure
4 on page 14) and ground. The multimeter should provide a voltage reading equal to
the vehicle battery voltage.
At step 3, the multimeter did provide a voltage reading equal to the
vehicle battery voltage; therefore, the following functions are performed:
(1) Move the MASTER POWER switch (1)(figure 1 on page 8) to the OFF position.
negative terminal (-) (2)(figure 4 on page 14) and ground. The multimeter provides
a reading of zero Ohms, which indicates that the volt gage is defective.
Since the multimeter reading of zero Ohms revealed that the vehicle
volt gage is defective, it should be replaced.
Replacing the Volt Gage.
The procedures for replacing the volt gage are
described in paragraph 6e on page 13.
ENGINE IS OPERATING.
The following are typical procedures that unit maintenance
starting/charging system malfunction.