M2/M3 BFV: TROUBLESHOOTING - OD1610 - LESSON 1/TASK 2
(2) It shows the results of technical evaluations of guided missile
(3) Marine condition surveys of watercraft are recorded on DA Form
(4) It is also a record of deferred maintenance and uncorrected
This form is called the DA Form 2404 DEF MAINT, or deferred
(5) It records the results of technical inspections on equipment.
When needed, the DA Form 2404 shows serviceability codes listed in Army
inspections of equipment.
DA Form 2404 is used by anyone performing inspections,
maintenance services, diagnostic checks, technical evaluations, and PMCS.
At the unit level, the DA Form 2404 is the central record for managing and
Operators and crews, first-line leaders,
maintenance supervisors, and commanders are all equally responsible for
keeping information both correct and current on all DA Forms 2404.
(1) One DA Form 2404 may be used to inspect all components or
subsystems that make up a single equipment system.
Alternatively, one DA
Form 2404 may be used for each component or subsystem.
(2) One DA Form 2404 may be used to inspect several like items of
equipment. For example, one DA Form 2404 may be used to inspect 25 M16A1
(3) The DA Form 2404 may be used as a temporary record of required
and completed maintenance.
(4) Administrative motor pools which use ADP cards or other automated
forms do not need the DA Form 2404. But, when a deferred and uncorrected
fault record is needed, use the DA Form 2404.
(5) Operators or crews use the DA Form 2404 to list faults they
cannot fix, and faults corrected by replacing parts.
(6) Unit maintenance personnel performing periodic services list all
faults found, and the actions taken to correct faults.