M2/M3 BFV: TROUBLESHOOTING - OD1610 - LESSON 1/TASK 2
(7) Support maintenance personnel use the DA Form 2404 to list all
2404 to the DA Form 2407 that will be given to the mechanic making the
The DA 2404 will be used as the worksheet for correcting faults
found, or for reporting to using units any uncorrected unit-level faults.
Results of such maintenance actions are recorded on DA Form 2407.
(8) Support maintenance personnel will list all faults found during a
final inspection on a DA Form 2404.
The final inspection DA 2404 is
attached to the DA Form 2407.
This is then given back to the mechanic
making the repairs.
The mechanic corrects all faults found during final
(9) The DA Form 2404 is used
to show the results of a technical
evaluation of a GM system. The form
used for this purpose will be filled
out and handled as directed by the GM
system. For example, TM 9-1430-250-
35/2 and TM 9-1440-250-35/2 cover this
use of the DA Form 2404.
(10) A separate DA Form 2404 will be used solely to list uncorrected
faults and deferred maintenance actions. The form will be kept on any item
of equipment on which uncorrected faults and deferred actions occur. Status
symbol X faults will not be entered on the deferred maintenance DA Form
Separate DA Forms 2404 DEF MAINT are not required for rifles,
protective masks, and similar items, when a single form is used to inspect
and record the status of several like items.
(11) The DA Form 2404 is used to collect information on all
maintenance and services performed on vehicles involved in a DA-approved
sample data collection (SDC) plan.
(12) DA Form 2404 is used to report battlefield damage repair, and/or
replacement actions performed by unit level maintenance.
c. General Instructions.
(1) The way some blocks and columns on the DA Form 2404 are filled
out varies with the use of the form. Be sure to read the instructions that
apply to the intended use of the form.