3. Coarse level.
4. Unpack LD/R and battery.
5. Install LD/R.
6. Check batteries.
7. Fine level.
8. Provide alternate G/VLLD power source.
9. Install night sight mount.
10. Install AN/TAS-4 night sight.
11. Install AN/TAS-4 night sight battery.
12. Provide alternate AN/TAS-4 night sight power source.
13. Install AN/TAS-4B night sight.
14. Connect battery power conditioner to AN/TAS-4B night sight.
15. Provide alternate AN/TAS-4B night sight power source.
16. Connect digital message device (DMD).
Steps 13 through 15 refer to the installation of the AN/TAS-4B night sight
when the equipment set AN/UAS-12B is used vice the equipment set AN/UAS-
12. Consequently, Steps 13 through 15 have been omitted from appendix B.
When used with the M113A1 personnel carrier, you assemble and mount the G/VLLD at
the .50 caliber machine gun mount.
In the interim, store the G/VLLD set in a
designated location inside the M113A1 personnel carrier.
Assembly requires the
G/VLLD vehicle power cable with the EMI filter and night sight power cable.
format for the vehicle mode assembly found in TM 9-1260-477-12 is similar to that
for the ground mode assembly. The following paragraph summarizes the procedure for
vehicle mode assembly.
Vehicle Mode Assembly.
To assemble the G/VLLD set onto the machine gun mount of the M113A1 personnel
carrier, perform the 11 steps listed below.