Be sure to use two men, one to pass the equipment up, and one on top to
receive the equipment.
Remove .50 caliber machine gun from machine gun mount.
Install .50 caliber machine gun into stowage mount.
Unload G/VLLD set from M113A1 personnel carrier.
Install vehicle adapter assembly.
Install G/VLLD set into vehicle adapter assembly.
Provide alternate G/VLLD power source.
Install AN/TAS-4 night sight on G/VLLD set.
Provide alternate AN/TAS-4 night sight power sources.
Install AN/TAS-4B night sight on G/VLLD set.
Provide alternate AN/TAS-4B night sight power sources.
Connect digital message device (DMD).
Steps j and k refer to the installation of the AN/TAS-4B night sight when
the equipment set AN/UAS-12B is used vice the equipment set AN/UAS-12.
Consequently, this lesson does not discuss steps j and k.
Before unloading and assembling the G/VLLD, remove the .50 caliber machine gun and
place it into its stowage mount.
a. Remove .50 caliber machine gun from machine gun mount as follows.
to figure 1-19.)
(2) Remove the travel lock pin (6) from the upper travel lock securing hole
Pull the latch (8) back counterclockwise (ccw) to the open position and
install the travel lock pin (6) into the lower travel lock securing hole (7).
(3) Push the securing lever (4) clockwise (cw) to the release position
against the stop pin (5). Lift the machine gun (1) out of the holding chamber (2).
b. Install .50 caliber machine gun into stowage mount as follows.
(1) Place the machine gun into the stowage mount (7).
(2) Place the strap (3) through the eyebolt (4) and tighten. Place strap
(2) through the lug (5) and under the tripod (6), and tighten to secure the barrel.
(3) Refer to figure 1-21. Place strap (7) through the left handle (2) and
the lug (6). Adjust until snug. Place strap (4) through the right handle (3) and
the lug (5) and