PRIN. OF INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES - OD1619 LESSON 2/PE 2
PRACTICAL EXERCISE 2
On a plain sheet of paper, write down the answers to the following questions. When
you have answered them, turn the page and check your answers.
1. When will a ram manifold serve no useful purpose?
2. Along with dampening noise, what other function does the exhaust system have?
3. Which component connects all of the engine cylinders to the exhaust system?
4. A component that uses the force of the engine exhaust stream to force the air
fuel mixture into the engine is called a _____________________________.
5. What is the primary function of engine oil?
8. The viscosity of an oil refers to ___________________________________________.
10. Name the four types of lubrication systems.
11. What is the most popular coolant for liquidcooled engines?
12. The two configurations of the thermostat are the _____________________________