MAINTENANCE OF M939 SERIES VEHICLES - OD1661 - LESSON 1/TASK 1
M939 SERIES - CHASSIS
CONTROLS AND INDICATORS.
(6) Axle Lock-In Light, illuminates when the front wheel drive
lock-in switch is engaged.
(7) High Beam Indicator, illuminates when the front headlights are
on high beam.
(8) Hand Throttle Control, sets the engine speed at the desired
rpm without maintaining pressure on the accelerator pedal.
throttle control locks in the desired position when it is pulled out.
Rotating the control handle clockwise or counterclockwise unlocks it.
(9) Battery Switch, activates and deactivates
circuits on or off, except the arctic heaters.
(10) Ignition Switch, has OFF, RUN, and START positions.
switch automatically returns from START to RUN when hand pressure is
minute and operating hours in tenths.
(12) Speedometer/Odometer, indicates the vehicle speed and total
(13) Engine Coolant Temperature Gage, indicates the engine coolant
Normal engine coolant operating temperature is 175 to