MAINTENANCE OF M939 SERIES VEHICLES - OD1661 - LESSON 1/TASK 1
Hydraulic Oil Reservoir.
Storage tank for hydraulic oil.
(5) Winch Motor.
as hydraulic oil is forced through worm gears inside the winch motor.
(6) Clutch Lever. Manual control that engages the winch drum gear
to the drive gear of the winch motor.
(7) Control Linkage. Connects the winch control lever inside the
cab to the control valve.
Controls and Indicators. Before attempting to operate any piece
of M939 series equipment, be sure to be familiar with the location of
all controls and indicators.
Except where specifically noted, the
controls and indicators in this section of the lesson are generally
applicable to all vehicles of this series.
Therefore, only one
following: chassis controls and indicators; body equipment controls
and indicators; and special kits controls and indicators.
additional information is required regarding specific vehicles
controls and indicators, refer to chapter 2 of TM 9-2320-272-10.
Chassis Controls and Indicators - Key Item and Function.
(1) Air Cleaner Indicator (figure 11 on the following page), shows
red when the engine air filter needs servicing.
(2) Parking Brake
brakes are engaged.
(3) Low Air Pressure Warning Light, illuminates when the air brake
system pressure drops below 50-60 psi.
(4) Spring Brake Warning Light, illuminates when the spring brakes
(5) Engine Hot Warning Light, illuminates when the engine coolant
temperature exceeds 200 F.