WELDING OPERATIONS I - OD1651 - LESSON 1/PE 1
This exercise is provided to test your progress in learning the
materials in the subcourse.
Please answer the questions that
You may check your answers from the page that follows
1. List two of the seven factors that must be considered in
2. What are the three groups into which metal-arc electrodes may
be grouped and classified?
3. The American Welding Society has formulated a number series
for the identification of electrodes.
b. What two digits of this number series indicate the position
of the weld and the type of electrical current required?
4. What is one of the functions performed by the coating on
5. What two types of electric current are used for electric arc
6. What two methods of welding may be used to repair cracks in
7. By what commonly used method are broken or weakened vehicle
frames crossmembers repaired or strengthened?
8. Name two of the five type welding joints used in metal-arc
9. What is the preferred arc lengths for obtaining
10. Of the four general positions used for welding, which is most
difficult to weld in?