a. Removal (figure 1-20).
(1) Separate A1 from A2 per paragraph 4-2a.
Paragraph 4-2a is the procedure for separating the electronics
assembly and transceiver assembly to provide access to the internal
components of the LD/R. It is not included in this lesson.
(2) Loosen two jack screws (1) on A2A2W1P3 (2).
(3) Disconnect A2A2W1P3 (2) from A2A4J1 (7).
(4) Remove four panhead screws (4), lockwashers (5) and flat washers
(5) Remove EMI shield (35).
(6) Remove A2A4 (3) by smoothly pulling straight up from A2.
Avoid equipment damage when removing A2A4. A slip-fit
interface slot exists between A2A4 underside and A2.
b. Installation (figure 1-20).
Avoid equipment damage when installing A2A4.
slip-fit interface slot on the underside of A2A4 must
be fitted into A2 mating surface.
(1) Install A2A4 (3) straight down into A2.
(2) Install EMI shield (35).
(3) Install four flat washers (6), lockwasher (5), and panhead screws
(4). Torque screws 5 to 6 inch-pounds.