M2/M3 BFV: FIRE CONTROL SYSTEM - OD1608 - LESSON 1/TASK 5
Soldiers on top of the vehicle in the path of a
moving TOW launcher could be killed or injured.
Check the top of the vehicle. Make sure there is
a clear path for the moving TOW launcher.
(4) Raise the TOW launcher (TM 9-2350-252-10-2, page 2-362).
(5) Move the TURRET DRIVE SYSTEM switch (figure 34)
turret control box to OFF.
TEE TURRET DRIVE SYSTEM SWITCH.
(6) Press the TOW button on the TOW control box (figure 35 on
the following page).
(7) After the TOW button has been pressed, the TOW indicator
light will come on.
The TOW TEST indicator light will come on for
about 12 seconds and then go out.
Check to ensure that the TOW
indicator light stays on when the TOW TEST light goes out.
(8) If the TOW lights are operating properly, look into the
eyepiece to be sure that TOW appears on the status indicator (figure
36 on the following page).
If TOW does not appear on the status
indicator, troubleshooting should be performed