M2/M3 BFV ENGINE STARTING/CHARGING SYS - OD1603 - LESSON 1/TASK 1
Wiping rag, cotton; pipe plug, 1/4 inch; bushing.
(1) One BFV mechanic (MOS 63T).
(2) One BFV systems mechanic helper (MOS 63T).
This pertains to the TMs (technical manuals) that provide the
procedures for accomplishing the troubleshooting, fault isolating, and repair of
possible BFV malfunctions.
(1) TM 9-2350-252-10-1.
(2) TM 9-2350-252-20-1-1.
(3) TM 9-2350-252-20-1-3.
(4) TM 9-2350-252-20-1-4.
Listed below are the conditions which must exist for
safety of personnel and to prevent damage to equipment while working on the BFV.
(1) The FIRE SUPPRESSION switch must be placed in the manual position.
(2) The engine must be stopped (not operating).
(3) Park the vehicle on a flat and level surface to keep it from moving under its
own weight and the pull of gravity.
(4) To keep the BFV from moving accidentally, chock the tracks by placing one
wooden block against and in front of one track. Place a second block similarly at
the rear of the other track and diagonally across from the first block.
Before delving into the troubleshooting, fault isolating, and
will be provided.
The vehicle generating system is described in the following