MAINTENANCE OF THE M113 PER CARRIER - OD1601 LESSON 2/PE 2
PRACTICAL EXERCISE - ANSWERS
1. Troubleshooting is the systematic isolation of defective components by means of
an analysis of trouble systems, testing to determine defective components, and
The maintenance supervisor should be notified.
element. If the element was restricted, the mechanic would replace it.
6. If the governor is out of adjustment, he would notify intermediate direct
7. The mechanic is directed to check to see that the hydraulic master cylinder
breather is not restricted.
Volts 1000 (or highest voltage setting)
10. Damaged threads to the inlet and outlet openings
11. Excessive wear and deformation
12. Rough and uneven rotation, wear, grooves, and scratches
13. Maintenance mechanic should remove the grooves and scratches
14. Cracks, dents, and nicks that may cause fuel to leak out
15. Intermediate direct support