It is possible that your vehicle power conditioner is installed backwards
(connectors facing curbside).
Some models will not accommodate the
roadside connectors as shown because of an actuator bar. Hook-ups are the
same whether the connectors face curbside or roadside.
g. Install AN/TAS-4 night sight on G/VLLD set. If the AN/TAS-4 night sight
is to be used for 24-hour effectiveness, install the night sight as described
below. Refer to figure 1-32.
(1) The night sight mount (2) must be installed on the TU of the G/VLLD in
accordance with paragraph 2-1, step 9 of appendix B.
(2) The night sight (1) must be installed on the night sight mount (2) in
accordance with paragraph 2-1, step 10 of appendix B.
(3) Remove the night sight battery in accordance with paragraph 2-1, step
12.a of appendix B.
(4) Refer to figure 1-33. Inside the M113A1 personnel carrier, connect the
night sight power cable connector (4) to the vehicle power conditioner connector
(3). Attach the power cable connector (2) to the night sight connector J1 (1).
Connections are the same
curbside or roadside.
h. Provide alternate AN/TAS-4 night sight power sources.
In the event that
the normal vehicle power source is not available, two alternate power sources may
(1) Battery. Connect the battery to the AN/TAS-4 night sight in accordance
with paragraph 2-1, step 11 of appendix B.
(2) Adapter (slave) cable assembly.
Connect the night sight to vehicle
power sources in accordance with paragraph 2-1, step 12 of appendix B.
Steps j and k refer to the installation of the AN/TAS-4B night sight when
the equipment set AN/UAS-12B is used vice the equipment set AN/UAS-12.
Consequently, this lesson does not discuss steps j and k.