PRINCIPLES OF GASOLINE/DIESEL FUEL SYSTEMS - OD1620 - LESSON 2/PE 2
The wobble plate pump system is basically the same as the multiple
unit injection system. The difference between the two systems lies in the
injection pump. Describe what this difference is.
A distributortype injection system uses a fuel metering pump that
forces a precisely measured fuel charge into the cup on the intake stroke of
the engine. What controls the quantity of this fuel charge?
Name the injection system that operates in the same manner as a
multiple unit injection system, but rather than using a centrally located
unit to house the highpressure pumps, control racks, pressure regulators,
and delivery valves, they are all incorporated into each cylinder.
The overall system operation of a pressuretimed injection system is
described below. Fill in the blanks.
A ________ ________ with a vented filler cap stores the fuel
(2) Fuel is supplied from the tank to the ________________ ________
(________) pump through the delivery line. An inline filter is placed in
__________ in the line to trap _______ _______ and moisture.
(3) A return line from the PTG pump to the fuel tank is provided to
(4) The PTG pump delivers ________ ________ of fuel to pressure timed
deliver PTD injectors.
(5) Delivery of ________ to the PTD injectors is through a common
rail type __________ line.
(6) A commonrail type return line connects the ________ __________
to the ________ __________ so that excess fuel may be diverted back to the