TROUBLESHOOTING THE M998 ELECT SYST. - OD1617 - LESSON 1/PE 1
The five purposes of DA Form 2404 are:
(1) It is a record of faults found during an inspection.
include operator and unit preventive maintenance checks and services
(PMCS), maintenance activity inspections, and diagnostic checks and
(2) It shows the
missile (GM) systems.
(3) Marine condition surveys of watercraft are recorded on DA Form
(4) It is also a record of deferred maintenance and uncorrected
faults. This form is called the DA Form 2404 DEF MAINT, or deferred
(5) It records the results of technical inspections on equipment.
When needed, the DA Form 2404 shows serviceability codes listed in
the Army regulations, technical bulletins, and other publications
requiring technical inspections of equipment.
The four reasons for deferring the fixing of a fault are:
(1) Support is backed up and cannot get to the equipment right
(2) The fault may not be important enough to take time away from
the mission, so repairing the fault can wait until the next scheduled
service or trip to support.
(3) The needed repair part is not on hand.
(4) Other reasons, at the CO's discretion.