TROUBLESHOOTING THE M998 ELECT SYST. - OD1617 - LESSON 1/TASK 3
(1) Block 1--Organization.
The name of the owning unit is entered
(2) Block 2--Nomenclature and Model.
The noun abbreviation and
model of the equipment go in block 2; enter the noun abbreviation and
(3) Block 3--Registration/Serial/NSN.
The serial, registration,
or DA hull number goes in block 3.
(4) Blocks 4a and 4b are left blank.
(5) Block 5 is left blank.
(6) Block 6--Type Inspection.
Enter "Deferred Maintenance" in
block 6. The abbreviation "DEF MAINT" is an acceptable entry.
(7) Blocks 7 through 10 are left blank.
(8) Column a--TM Item Number.
Enter the date the fault was found
in column a.
(9) Column b--Status. Enter the status symbol that applies to the
Status symbol X faults will not go on this form.
fault is fixed, the person doing the repair initials the status
(10) Column c--Deficiencies and Shortcomings. Briefly describe the
fault as listed in the PMCS, or on the inspection sheet, DA Form
(11) Column d--Corrective Action.
The reason for the delay is
given in column d.
(a) If the reason is a part on order, print the document number
and NSN or part number for each part. For parts on order from quick
supply store (QSS), print "QSS," and the Julian date of notice that
the part was not on hand. For items on order from the self-service
supply center (SSSC), print "SSSC," and the Julian date of notice
that the item was not on hand.
(b) If the part
is canceled later, print "canceled," and the
Julian date on which
the part was canceled.
If the part is still
needed, reorder it.
Put the fault, NSN or part number, and new
document number on the
next open line.