TROUBLESHOOTING THE M998 ELECT SYST. - OD1617 - LESSON 1/TASK 3
preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS),
activity inspections, diagnostic checks, and spot checks.
(2) It shows the
missile (GM) systems.
(3) It is used to record marine condition surveys of watercraft.
(4) It is also a record of deferred maintenance and uncorrected
faults. This form is called the DA Form 2404 DEF MAINT, or deferred
(5) It records the results of technical inspections on equipment.
When needed, the DA Form 2404 shows serviceability codes listed in
requiring technical inspections of equipment.
DA Form 2404 is used by anyone performing inspections,
maintenance services, diagnostic checks, technical evaluations, and
At the unit level, the DA Form 2404 is the central record for
managing and controlling maintenance.
Operators and crews, first-
line leaders, maintenance supervisors, and commanders are all equally
responsible for keeping information both current and correct on DA
(1) One DA Form 2404 may be used to inspect all the components or
subsystems that make up one equipment system. Alternatively, one DA
Form 2404 may be used for each component or subsystem.
(2) One DA Form 2404 may be used to inspect several like items of
equipment. For example, one DA Form 2404 may be used to inspect 25
(3) The DA Form 2404 may be used as a temporary record of required
and completed maintenance.
(4) Administrative motor pools which use ADP cards or other
automated forms do not need the DA Form 2404. But, when a deferred
and uncorrected fault record is needed, use the DA Form 2408-14.