M2/M3 BFV: FIRE SUPPRESSION SYST - OD1607 - LESSON 1/TASK 2
(2) If the inner extinguisher
traverse the turret to 5600 mils.
(3) Install the quick release pin in the valve (figure 13 on
the previous page).
(4) Remove and tag the designated plug from the jack of the
fire extinguisher bottle that is being removed.
The plugs to be
removed are designated as follows:
(a) Remove plug 1W11P8 from jack
previous page) on the outer extinguisher.
(5) Remove the quick release pin and remove the lever from the
extinguisher lever (figure 15 on the following page).
Extinguishers must be supported while the clamps
are being removed.
(6) Use the following steps to remove the extinguisher from the
bracket (figure 16 on page 21):
(a) Remove the two locknuts from the two clamps.
(c) Remove the extinguisher
position of the extinguisher.
(7) If the inner extinguisher
traverse the turret to 6400 mils.
b. Installing the Fire Extinguisher Assembly.
procedures for the inner and outer extinguisher assemblies are
The inner extinguisher is accessed from inside of