5. When adding water to batteries, the electrolyte level in the cells of a
battery should be ______________________________ .
A. to the top of the filler hole.
B. just covering the top of the plates.
C. up to the bottom of the split ring.
D. halfway between the plates and the vent.
6. Battery vent caps should be _________________________ .
A. inspected for damaged or missing gaskets.
B. painted red for identification.
C. checked for cleanliness and serviceability.
D. installed snugly to prevent spillage of electrolyte.
7. When testing battery state of charge, you test _________ .
A. the center cells.
B. before adding water.
C. after adding water.
D. any one cell.
8. When mixing electrolyte, you should ____________________ .
A. pour water into the acid.
B. pour water and acid together.
C. pour acid into the water.
D. pour acid and water alternately.
9. The number of cells in a battery is determined by the
A. voltage that is desired.
B. amperage that is required.
C. space designated for the battery.
D. components the battery supports.
10. The simplest protective device in an electrical system is
the _________________________ .