g. Clean all other metallic parts with drycleaning solvent and dry
Inspect vanes for cracks and damage.
b. Hub and clutch. Inspect for stripped threads, worn keyway, and worn,
weak, or distorted springs.
Inspect for cracks and damage.
d. End housings. Inspect for cracks and damage. Inspect bearing bore for
proper size (table 4-1, TM 9-2920-225-34). Check that mating face is not warped.
e. Bearings. Inspect bearings as directed in TM 9-214.
Inspect for size
(table 4-1, TM 9-2920-225-34).
Note. - If you have any doubt as to serviceability of bearings, replace them.
f. Brush holder. Inspect for cracks.
Inspect terminal studs and screws
for looseness and damaged threads.
Inspect for distortion and damage.
Brush lever springs.
(1) Inspect for cracks and distortion.
(2) Use a spring pressure checker to check spring pressure exerted by
brush springs of generators. When loaded with 10 ounces, spring length must be 1
inch. Replace springs that fail to meet this requirement.
(1) Inspect for stripped threads in housing.
(2) Inspect for loose or frayed insulation.
(3) Inspect connector for loose or damaged pins.
(1) Inspect keys and key seats for damage.
(2) Inspect shaft for burred or stripped threads.
(3) Place rotor in V-blocks, and check each slipring with dial indicator
Maximum allowable distortion is 0.001 inch.
k. Flexible coupling. Inspect shaft for worn splines. Inspect holder and
cover for cracks and damage. Inspect blocks for wear, distortion, and loss of
l. Screws and washers. Inspect all screws for stripped threads and damaged
heads. Inspect all washers for cracks and distortion.
OS 010, 2-P15